What's VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
GlobalProtect VPN connects students, faculty, and staff to campus-restricted resources. To access VPN, you must use Duo multi-factor authentication (MFA). Duo MFA enhances the security of your Marquette account by using a secondary device to verify your identity.
Connection Check: Am I Currently on VPN?
Not seeing a result? Go to the article webpage.
Install and Use VPN
- Confirm GlobalProtect VPN is running on your device.
- For Windows, check the GlobalProtect icon in the Windows taskbar.
- For macOS, check the GlobalProtect icon on the top menu bar.
- Make sure you entered your Marquette username — not email address — and password correctly.
- In the connect prompt, confirm GlobalProtect lists vpn.marquette.edu in the portal field.
- Use the "Am I Currently Connected to VPN?" check above to verify your connection status.
- Have a new mobile device? If your previous mobile device used the Duo mobile app, place a service request to authorize your new device to use Duo.
- Are you missing a Duo push notification to verify your VPN access? Try these troubleshooting tips.
- Request Duo Multi-Factor Authentication enrollment email
- Report a VPN issue
- Place a service request for questions about VPN