Register Your Password Recovery Methods
These password instructions are for current students, faculty, and staff. Marquette University uses a registered mobile phone number or alternate email address to reset forgotten passwords.
- Go to marquette.edu/set/. A Microsoft sign in page appears. Enter your marquette.edu email address and click or tap Next.
- A Marquette University page appears prompting you for your password. Enter your password and click or tap Sign in.
- The "Stay signed in?" screen appears. Select "Yes" or "No."
- Once you are logged in successfully, you see the "Security Info" page. Note this login session has a brief time limit. If you have no sign-in methods, the page states "No items to display." You need to set up at least one method. Click or tap + Add sign-in method.
- The "Add a method" prompt appears. From the "Choose a method" drop-down menu, select either Phone or Email. Click or tap Add.
A) If you chose Phone, you're prompted to enter your mobile phone number. From the drop-down menu, select your country or region. Then enter your phone number. Choose Text me a code or Call me to verify your phone number.
If you selected "Text me a code," your mobile phone receives a Microsoft verification text with a multi-digit code. Enter that code in the text field provided on the webpage and click or tap Next. If successfully verified, a webpage prompt states "SMS verified. Your phone was registered successfully." Click or tap Done. The "Security Info" pages lists your mobile phone number as a sign-in method to recover your password.
If you selected "Call me," you receive an automated call. Press the pound key (the # symbol) to authorize your mobile phone number. If successfully verified, a webpage prompt states "Call answered. Your phone was registered successfully." Click or tap Done. The "Security Info" page lists your mobile phone number as a sign-in method to recover your password.
B) If you chose Email, you're prompted to provide your alternate email. This email address must be a non-Marquette email address. Enter your alternate email address and click or tap Next.
Microsoft sends an email message to your alternate email address with a verification code. Check your alternate email inbox and note the multi-digit code. Enter the code in the text field that appears on the webpage and click or tap Next.
If you entered the code correctly, you return to the "Security Info" page. A prompt states "Email was successfully registered." The "Security Info" page lists your alternate email address as a sign-in method to recover your password.
- You've successfully registered a sign-in method for password recovery. If you'd like to register another method, on the "Security Info" page, click or tap + Add sign-in method. Return to Step 5.
Note: If you're having trouble registering your alternate email or mobile phone number for password recovery, contact the IT Services TechSquad at (414) 288-7799.